- Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, teachers.
- Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a false messiah.
- The simplest questions are the most profound:
Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing?
Think about these once in a while and watch your answers change.
- Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
- There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.
- You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don’t turn away from possible futures before you’re certain you don’t have anything to learn from them. You’re always free to change your mind and choose a different future or a different past.
- Imagine the Universe beautiful and just perfect. Then be sure of one thing: The Is has imagined it quite a bit better than you have.
- A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed, it feels an impulsion…this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reason and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons.
- You are never given a wish without being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however.
- The world is your exercise book, the pages on which you do your sums. It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish. You are also free to write nonsense or lies or to tear the pages.
- Every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.
- The truth you speak has no past and no future. It is, and that’s all it needs to be.
- Here is a test to find out whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive, it isn’t.
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
- The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
- Everything I say may be wrong!
- Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they’re yours.
- If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we’ve destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space and all we have left is Here. Overcome time and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don’t you think that we might see each other once or twice?
- That’s what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we’ve changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.
- We’re the bridge across forever, arching above the sea, adventuring for our pleasure, living mysteries for the fun of it, choosing disasters, triumphs, challenges, impossible odds and testing ourselves over and over again . . . learning love, love and LOVE!
- If it’s never our fault, we can’t take responsibility for it. If we can’t take responsibility for it, we’ll always be its victim.
- Can miles truly separate us from friends? If you want to be with me, aren’t you already there?
- You have no birthday because you have always lived; you were never born and never will die. You are not the child of the people you call mother and father, but their fellow-adventurer on a bright journey to understand the things that are.
- Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we’ll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end.
- Nothing happens by chance, my friend…No such thing as luck. A meaning behind every little thing, and such a meaning behind this. Part for you, part for me…May not see it all real clear right now, but we will, before long.